Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel Door for the Small

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I spoke with Ed Fisher at BGE this morning. He told me that the Stainless Steel Door would be available for the Small BGE in the next month or two. I cannot wait. The metal tab on my door is getting ready to break. Ed suggested that I use some WD-40 to loosen up the track and hopefully hold me through.[p]I am getting ready to head to the West Side Market and pick my butt … Uhm pick up a Boston Butt to smoke.[p]Due the amount of things that need to get accomplished this weekend, my wife requested that smoke a Butt to have for the weekend. Cooking is the last thing that I will have time to do this weekend, so some Pulled Pork will work.[p]Happy Smoking,
RhumAndJerk

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, if you go to the local hardware store and pick up a cheap wooden drawer knob..drill a accomodating hole far enuff back fo allow front closure, it should work for ya. Nifty too!
    I give my slider door a quick snap everytime I use it when I shut down..sometimes several..And never have used WD-40 or any lubricant. It stays clean and the groove is always free of ash. (3 years of daily use)
    Good luck..C~W[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Thank you for the tip, I will give it a try.[p]I currently have a 7.5 pound Butt Happily smoking over a large chunk of Hickory and Red Oak. Man does it smell great.[p]I put the butt on when the dome temp was at 100 at 1:30PM. It is just now approaching 225. We are going on almost two hours of cold smoking. [p]Everytime I make Elder Ward's Pulled Pork recipe, I cannot figure out why it took me so long to make to make it again.
    I just finished making the Slaw.[p]Happy Smoking,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Almost forgot... Sippin on some Sweet Tea as I type.
    R&J

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, Sounds like another winner on the way..Last night the BGE produced a terrific rump roast, best yet! Used a product that was sent to me courtesy of Ranger1 deep in the woods somewhere. :-)
    One of my personal rules is to never get in a rut on a single recipe..The fun of the cook is the new spice or sauce. The new taste just around the corner. Winged this one from scratch except for the marinate from Ranger1's house in the woods.
    Thanks Ranger1 (Wally) if your looking....
    C~W[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    You are correct in suggesting to not stick with one recipe, even though it is great. With all of talk about Jerked Ribs, what I was really hungry for was Jerked Pulled Pork. However, I was not able to get to the Market on time on Wednesday to get the meat so that it would have the proper time to cure in the Jerk.[p]Anyways, the Butt has been sitting at 159 for about four hours now at a dome temp of 230. It is pegged nicely. I may just be having Pulled Pork for Breakfast and there is nothing wrong with that. [p]I just finished watching the Tribe loose yet another game. I hope that they can do better tomorrow night against the Tigers. My plan is to be sitting in my seat at Jacob’s Field cold chillin’ with a Bud and a Pulled Pork Sandwich. Oh yeah, I will have to have a Hot Dog too. [p]Well, I think that I will grab another Barley Pop and finish watching the Iron Chef.[p]True. True.
    RhumAndJerk[p]