Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mellow Mushroom pizza

Options
Any of you southeasterners have any luck with a knock-off dough recipe?

We tried this recipe and were pretty happy with the results. Anyone else come close?

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    I know Richard from florida has one that is pretty close. it was fidel's recepie. he had tried on several occasions to do it and finally found one he liked. it has the molasses in it like your recipie did. and since i tried it i have used molasses in every pizza crust i make. our local mello mushroom is not as good as one up in clemson sc (according to my gf) i know i like the one in winder georgia. it was always was good. and it seems to be better than the one here. i dont know why but it could be that i'm spoiled for my own pizzas now. it has been several years since i was at the one in winder.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggucated
    Options
    Setting the bar high if your aiming for Mellow Mushroom. However, I will definatley give it a shot!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Like BENTE said...molasses is the key...
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    I was in Grenada Nicaragua last week at a pizza shop and the lady that took us said it was going to be the best pizza in the world. Meh, ok, my bar is pretty high after we started eggin pies.

XLBGE 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2012
    Options
    BENTE said:
    I know Richard from florida has one that is pretty close. it was fidel's recepie. he had tried on several occasions to do it and finally found one he liked. it has the molasses in it like your recipie did. and since i tried it i have used molasses in every pizza crust i make. our local mello mushroom is not as good as one up in clemson sc (according to my gf) i know i like the one in winder georgia. it was always was good. and it seems to be better than the one here. i dont know why but it could be that i'm spoiled for my own pizzas now. it has been several years since i was at the one in winder.

Seems like a nice addition.  How much per batch?  Was thinking a couple of Tbsp?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DawgDays
    Options
    My batch had 3 tbsp of molasses fr every 14-in pie. Takes the place of any sugar that had been in the recipe previously.