Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Walkerswood Jerk marinade - I get it now

I've made my own jerk marinade for years now and it is a family favorite.

I've heard enough people mention Walkerswood jerk marinade on here and other bbq forums that it seemed like a standard among the grilling crowd.   Any time that jerk chicken came up, someone always praised Walkerswood.  I thought it would be good to try it but didn't want to go through ordering it online.

This weekend I was in Kroger's and saw it on the shelf for $6.99.  I bought it and used it tonight on plain ol' chicken breasts (5 hour marinade).

Grilled them 5 minutes a side at 400f (they were pounded thin) on my large Egg and made jerk chicken sandwiches with them.  Served them with some sweet potato fries and a jerk mayo made with mayo, DP Firewalk, and lime juice. 

I totally get it now.  Wow that is some good stuff, the whole family raved about it.  It has a flavor and heat that defines jerk.  I was very impressed and can't wait to try it on some wings. 

I should have listened to you guys/gals earlier. 
Knoxville, TN

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,815
    Platter looks better than most restaurants...great job.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Thanks henapple.  Looks are deceiving, the sweet potato fries were lame.  The recipe I used guaranteed "crispy fries" and they were not.  Tasted good, but texture was not there. 

But the jerk chicken sandwiches?  They were the tops.
    Knoxville, TN
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,801
    Great looking dish.  Never heard of the marinade.  Got it on my list.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,815
    My wife does "fries" in the oven. Slice, dip in egg and sprinkle with parmesan. Cook to your desired crispness.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,158

Glad you finally tried it and liked it. Did you taste it before you marinated the chicken? I always thought the heat ends up cooking out of it in the end. I'd prefer a bit more heat, but its not bad in a pinch.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• FockerFocker Posts: 2,184

Walkerswood is good stuff.  Found it at the local asian grocer for $3.99 a bottle.  Thanks for the reminder to restock.

Nice basket Chris.

Quad Cities

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Nice looking basket! Walkerswood Mild Jerk is tasty on wings! It is plenty hot for me but I can't handle much heat.

I have a jar of their Hot & Spicy Jerk (made with scotch bonnets) that I'm almost afraid to try.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA