Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Copper River Salmon- In Florida?

Options

I was in Fresh Market and stumbled upon some great looking Cooper River Salmon (which is a first for me in Florida). I was introduced to Copper River Salmon while visiting the Northwest and blown away with the flavor and rich red color. Anyway, I had to jump on it and had a great Sunday evening meal. I went with a little raging river and then added an Asian flare with some soy ginger dressing, rice vinegar and a good helping of Hoisin. It came out great and enjoyed with sticky rice and snap peas prepared with sesame oil. Anyway, I love my Florida seafood but...Holy cow Copper River Salmon is great fish!

imageimage

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What was the plank?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• LongboardR
    Options
    I went with Cedar Plank but to be honest I like to cheat a little when I plank a fish and I was a little rushed for time. So, I get the plank fired and smoking with no fish on it. I also put fish flesh down for a little to make sure get a little charred, then I flip onto plank and slow down the egg. Works for me.
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Hmmm...  Not being to raise a red flag on this, but this is not really Copper River season.  It's May and June, but rarely past that.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's sold year round.  It's wild, but managed.  They probably freeze it fresh.  Fresh Markets carries it.
    Options
    Nola.  True.  Had not considered fresh frozen, which would be the best way to benefit from the extra fat/oils that make this truly remarkable salmon at that time of the year.  
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.