Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Octoberfest Brats in Pretzel rolls

Since it is the last weekend in October we decided to do little celebrating Octoberfest style.  I think Oktoberfest is actually over in Germany, but oh well.  

Used this recipe to make pretzel roll buns. 

Grilled up some brats and some onions with a little butter n beer (the onions are hidden under the brats). 

Then made up a beer cheese and mustard for topping.  I looked up a few recipes and just winged it.  A little beer, dijon and spicy brown mustard, a little butter, garlic salt and pepper. 

Served with a side of German potato salad (cold...don't think that is traditional).
Eeetz goot ya.  

Lots of beer to accompany this of course.  Not German beers, the missus and I have been on an IPA kick lately and we tried a few different ones.  I think this was my favorite:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments