Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig Question

Grillin_G_Ma
Grillin_G_Ma Posts: 102
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
If I buy the adjustable rig, would I still use the platesetter? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Once I got an adjustable rig I got a pizza stone to use for indirect cooking and never used the plate setter again.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy said:
    What he said.  I don't own a plate setter as I use a pizza stone with my rig.
    Me too.  A stone on the spider and sometimes also a larger stone on the rig for double indirect or sometimes just the larger stone on the rig.  Just depends on what I'm doing.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Wish most places did not make it a set ( plate setter & egg). Just don't use it now that I have adj rig set up.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Buy another large, get with the program! lol

After the AR, I still preferred to bake with platesetter.  Indirects were dedicated to AR.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    i've got both, it depends on how much and what im cooking. I like doing pizza with the plate setter legs up and the 13 inch stone on the GASP grid extender. Works well. a couple shoulders, AR 2 levels, each one goes in an aluminum disposable pan for easy clean up. Chicken raised top level direct. It's nice to have options, and if i ever get another large, im ready.