Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need advice

HotroddenHotrodden Posts: 16
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Good morning all, I'm new to egging and it may sound like a stupid question but need some advice. Tonight I want to make a chicken bacon ranch pizza. The wife tells me I should precook chicken and bacon and I say no to precook. The question is, is it better if I precook the chicken and bacon before putting on pizza or not? Any and all advice is appreciated and thanks in advance. Just one more thing I could use help with is how do I add photos on here? I use an iPad to search/post here and would like to know if there is an easy way. I would like to share with you all after pizza is done.
Lets keep the beer cold and the eggs burning!
·

Comments

• tgklemantgkleman Posts: 206
    I would pre-cook the bacon and chicken.  The pizza will only take around 5-10 mins, and that is not enough time for your meet to cook.
    ·
  • Pre-cook. Tried it without pre-cooking once . . . Only once . . .
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,589
    tgkleman said:

I would pre-cook the bacon and chicken.  The pizza will only take around 5-10 mins, and that is not enough time for your meet to cook.

+1

on my Droid the forum gives me a button to attach a file then to an option for my gallery.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Thanks tgkleman
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Pre-cook

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Thanks guys hate to tell wife she was right but I guess I will have to :(
    ·
  • HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
    Did a buffalo chicken pizza this weekend. Tried a whole wheat crust from Whole Foids. Definitely pre-cook.
    image.jpg 978.2K
    image.jpg 941.5K
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    edited October 2012

" wife tells me I should precook chicken and bacon"  Just how long have you been married =))

As always: she is correct......

The "correct" part has not changed in the 44 years I have been married, bet yours will be the same.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,146
    Your answer to SWMBO is "After extensive consultation with the esteemed members of the BGE forum, it has been suggested that pre-cooking chicken and bacon, although not necessary in all recipes, will improve both the taste and texture of pizza".

See - you both are right (Canadians - masters of compromise) 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I'm the wife and I love being right! =)) Pizza came out awesome. I'll show him how to upload pictures after the kids are asleep. Stay tuned!
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
    ·
  • Ha! I did not need her to show me how to do pics. I just did not scroll down far enough. Key board was covering attach file link. It's not the best but better then take out and it was my first from scratch. Dough and all. Thank you all for responding.
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 1.3M
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 894.8K
    image.jpg 1.2M
    ·