Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First overnight

Options
Furall
Furall Posts: 124
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Hey everyone, I received my cyberq wifi today and im putting it to work immediately.  I couldn't get it to work in either adhoc or infra mode. My question is I read somewhere that if you use chrome browser on iphone with ios6 it will work and update. I fire up cyber in adhoc mode,join network on my phone and enter the ip address. Am I doing something  wrong? Either way pork butt is on and im pretty excited.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've heard of problems with the ad hoc mode a while back.  I would have thought they had a firmware update to fix that.  If you're in range of a WAP, run infrastructure - the ad hoc is good if you're tailgating or camping.

Focus on getting the infrastructure connection if you can.  Then you can connect with any device on your network, poke a hole in your firewall and monitor via the internet.
    Options
     Thanks nolaegghead, I knew they were having issues with ios6 just thought the chrome angle fixed it. I will work on infra tomorrow after I get this pork finished. Its doing great so far!
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Pull all the electronics off, regulate the temp manually. Stabilize the temp and cook it overnight . Learn how to manage temp without the fancy stuff and enjoy the ride.
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))
    Options

Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))

Gotta have toys!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN