Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First overnight

FurallFurall Posts: 103
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Hey everyone, I received my cyberq wifi today and im putting it to work immediately.  I couldn't get it to work in either adhoc or infra mode. My question is I read somewhere that if you use chrome browser on iphone with ios6 it will work and update. I fire up cyber in adhoc mode,join network on my phone and enter the ip address. Am I doing something  wrong? Either way pork butt is on and im pretty excited.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,554
    I've heard of problems with the ad hoc mode a while back.  I would have thought they had a firmware update to fix that.  If you're in range of a WAP, run infrastructure - the ad hoc is good if you're tailgating or camping.

Focus on getting the infrastructure connection if you can.  Then you can connect with any device on your network, poke a hole in your firewall and monitor via the internet.

• FurallFurall Posts: 103
     Thanks nolaegghead, I knew they were having issues with ios6 just thought the chrome angle fixed it. I will work on infra tomorrow after I get this pork finished. Its doing great so far!
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,048
    Pull all the electronics off, regulate the temp manually. Stabilize the temp and cook it overnight . Learn how to manage temp without the fancy stuff and enjoy the ride.
    Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))

• henapplehenapple Posts: 11,781

Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))

Gotta have toys!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN