Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First overnight

FurallFurall Posts: 103
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Hey everyone, I received my cyberq wifi today and im putting it to work immediately.  I couldn't get it to work in either adhoc or infra mode. My question is I read somewhere that if you use chrome browser on iphone with ios6 it will work and update. I fire up cyber in adhoc mode,join network on my phone and enter the ip address. Am I doing something  wrong? Either way pork butt is on and im pretty excited.
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,871
    I've heard of problems with the ad hoc mode a while back.  I would have thought they had a firmware update to fix that.  If you're in range of a WAP, run infrastructure - the ad hoc is good if you're tailgating or camping.

Focus on getting the infrastructure connection if you can.  Then you can connect with any device on your network, poke a hole in your firewall and monitor via the internet.

·
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
     Thanks nolaegghead, I knew they were having issues with ios6 just thought the chrome angle fixed it. I will work on infra tomorrow after I get this pork finished. Its doing great so far!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Pull all the electronics off, regulate the temp manually. Stabilize the temp and cook it overnight . Learn how to manage temp without the fancy stuff and enjoy the ride.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,871
    Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,575

Yeah, I agree that's important, leaning to control it in manual mode, but in this case the temp isn't a problem.  It's just, for gadget addicts, not having the seamless connectivity to change the setpoint while we're playing Angry Birds on the john.  :))

Gotta have toys!
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·