Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuesday night with the swing rack, ribs,chicken and sides.

Options
Budgeezer
Budgeezer Posts: 669
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Always wanted to do a spatchcock chicken and ribs @ the same time. I love my new swing rack.
Edina, MN

Comments

• setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Looks great! I think I have had hobo potatoes the last three weekends, I add a bit of adobo with olive oil and probably too much butter to be healthy.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I envision your tough choice.  What get cooked on the top grate?  Do you want the ribs to drip on your chicken or your chicken to drip on your ribs?  A very tasty dilema indeed.  It may require more research (just a suggestion).

Flint, Michigan
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options

I envision your tough choice.  What get cooked on the top grate?  Do you want the ribs to drip on your chicken or your chicken to drip on your ribs?  A very tasty dilema indeed.  It may require more research (just a suggestion).

Next time I try the opposite.  Weird thing was that this was the best spatchcock chicken I have made, it maybe that it was cooked higher in the dome.  As you suggested more research needs to be done.

Edina, MN

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    I do chicken on the top rack and ribs in the bottom. I add the chicken with about an hour and a half left of the rib cook. Tasty as all can be. I haven't noticed chicken taste on the ribs. If so, they mix well.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93