Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TastyLicks BBQ.

Options
Hashmaker
Hashmaker Posts: 149
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I ordered a gasket from them a week or so ago and installed it. Followed the directions to a t. I put the seam in the same spot as the original gasket. The gasket started to pull off the egg at the seam just like the original gasket did. I sent TastyLicks an e-mail asking them about it. I got a response within a couple of hours. It was kind of a standard response...did I follow the instructions? Did I put it in the dryer? Did I clean it good enough? I responded with yes, yes and yes but added that I put the bottom seam at the back of the base and the top a little offset and asked if opening and closing the dome could cause this issue. I didn't get an e-mail back from them. I got a phone call. Fred called me and talked to me about his technique for installing the gasket. He is sending me a new gasket for free. Pretty impressive. Thanks to TastyLick for good customer service!

Comments

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I had a small problem with an order and he responded in s similar fashion. Needless to say, I am a repeat customer. I highly recommend him. :-bd
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Fred is a class guy. I ordered a handler and nest from him. The handler did not seem to fix. He and the Egg Rep (happened to be in Freds office)  both got on the phone with me and found you just had to use more force than I thought.

Good guy.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• carter422
    Options
    I have never ordered from Fred.  I do enjoy watching the videos of him cooking on the egg.  He has a ton of energy and alot of knowledge.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I never needed to order because I only live 20min from Freds, but they are always friendly and helpful.
  • Hangfire77
    Options
    I have ordered from tasty licks also. Always had quick responses and good service. No issues at all.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I've ordered things and have been to the store. It's only an hour away and I must say that the service was fantastic. Shipping was fast and talking to.folks at the store was a pleasant experience. If there wasn't an egg dealer 10 minutes from my house, I would have bought mine at Fred's.

If you haven't tried his rubs yet, you don't know what you're missing. His method for ribs is awesome!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    He and his peeps are truly awesome.

OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I'll chime in and underscore all that as been said. I live 1.5 hours from his shop but loved the videos so much that my husband and I drove out there to buy our mini. When we got home, after we cooked on it, I realized that we got an old model at the new model price, and I wanted one with the new mods. Fred searched his warehouse, found a new one, and offered to switch with no questions. He threw in two 20-lb. bags of charcoal. His crew even put it together for me. Fantastic service!

If you're even remotely close, a trip is well worth it for his selection of charcoal alone. We love his "Blue Bag" restaurant brand. He has an enormous selection of rubs and sauces. He stocks the spare parts (we bought an extra cap the last time we were there because of the rumors that BGE was going to discontinue them). He even sells special pizza flour. The sales folks are really knowledgeable. 

And his videos are great (and campy). 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    Fred's is awesome I live in NY and his standard, and sometimes free shipping gets stuff to my door in 2 days. Always a free sample pack of tasty licks rubs in the box. And always WELLL packed with bubble wrap. Unlike some other mail order bbq places, ive never received a broken bottle.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    We have friends in Harrisburg PA and next time we visit I'll have to make a side trip to his place.

Gerhard