Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco brisket

Options
Hashmaker
Hashmaker Posts: 149
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Went to Costco today to buy two briskets for an overnight cook tonight. Well, guess what? Costco will no longer sell briskets still in the cryovac. All the briskets were trimmed down to 3.5 to 4.5 lbs. all the fat trimmed off. I spoke with the manager and he told me that it was a corporate decision because they could charge more for meat that they have to process. The Costco I am referring to is in Greenville SC. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    That sucks.  Do you have Sams Club nearby?

My local Costco normally only puts out trimmed brisketletts, but when I've asked, they've had the cryo ones in the back available for sale.  Recently, they've been putting out some monster sized flats in the cryo.  10+lbs, wide, long, and thick.  If that was the end, I'm going to be kicking myself for not buying one or more when I saw them.
  • STANGOJE
    Options
    Hashmaker said:
    Went to Costco today to buy two briskets for an overnight cook tonight. Well, guess what? Costco will no longer sell briskets still in the cryovac. All the briskets were trimmed down to 3.5 to 4.5 lbs. all the fat trimmed off. I spoke with the manager and he told me that it was a corporate decision because they could charge more for meat that they have to process. The Costco I am referring to is in Greenville SC. Has anyone else experienced this?
    They are doing that I Limerick PA as well.   I just told my son tonight no way we were buying it at 5.99 lb and I do want the fat on it as well..