Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First butt was a huge success!

Options
Grillin_G_Ma
Grillin_G_Ma Posts: 102
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
We cut a 7 pound butt in half and cooked it for 6 hours at 300 dome temp. It was the best pork that I ever had. The funny thing is that it was my idea to get the BGE because my husband was happy with his charcoal grill. Well, he was sold on the BGE after the first spatchcock chicken and now I can't get near it. Really, it has turned into something that we can do together. I prepare the meat and he gets up early to start cooking. This has been a great purchase for us. Thanks to everyone on this forum who has answered questions.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Glad it's such a contributor to your relationship.  Many will tell you that once someone in the house-hold has had the Kool-Aid that the chemistry has changed.  And to be clear-not always for the better...that said, we all learn from the forum.  Welcome!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options
    A happy wife is a happy life. :)
    When in doubt add more pepper.