Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper crusted beef fillets

Options
GLW
GLW Posts: 178
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

First photo - Garlic infused olive oil, sea salt and cover with black pepper.

Second photo - Small egg in the background with the potatoes cooking at 350 courtesy of the Party Q.

The steaks may look black but remember they are covered in black pepper. Inside was perfect. (Forgot to take pic).

When in doubt add more pepper.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Wow, I like pepper crusted steak, that is on steroids.  Would have been good to post a pic of a cut.  What is really important is if you think it was a success.  Congrats.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• GLW
    Options
    Still learning how to properly post. Next time will be a before, during and after pic.
  • cspearce2
    Options
    Looks great...Love all that Pepper....
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You can't go wrong with fresh cracked black!
    Flint, Michigan
  • RocEGG
    Options
    That looks like my kind of steak! I do a mean au Poivre where I crust the hell out of them with pepper. I have to hold off on the wifes though. Your crust looks perfect to me. As long as you have a strong beer or wine that can stand up to the pepper and a sauce (if you're into that sort of thing) I say the more pepper the better. Making my mouth water seeing those pics! Bet the garlic olive oil added a nice flavor. I haven't tried any infused oils on the grill yet, maybe I'll have to though.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
  • GLW
    Options

Thankis RocEGG.  You make a very good point about the importance of the beverage selection with the meal.  To me, that is as important as the meal.  With my steak i had a Stone Double Bastard Ale which can stand up to anything.  My wife is not a beer drinker so a local chambourcin was served which is fuller than a pinot but not quite a cab.  All-in-all we were happy with the meal.

Next time i will provide a cut pic. 

Have a good day!

• NibbleMeThis
    Options
    Peppered fillet sounds really good right about now while at lunch.  I need to get a mini for my office, wonder if that is tax deductible, ha ha.

Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • GLW
    Options
    Peppered fillet sounds really good right about now while at lunch.  I need to get a mini for my office, wonder if that is tax deductible, ha ha.

I have a large, small and just recently this mini.  I'm telling you, i use the mini more than the other two combined.  Of course, for most cooks it's just the wife and I.  I've rigged a way to do a slow cook on the mini but why would I as i have the L and S.

• ratcheer
    Options
    I did a black pepper-coated eye of round roast a couple of weeks ago. It was really, really good. I cooked it exactly the same as the oven recipe, using indirect heat and a drip pan 1/3 full of water.

Tim
  • GLW
    Options
    Good idea. More pepper more better!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I need to try the pepper crusted thing.....along with the garlic covered thing........and salt incrusted thing.......lol

looks good
    t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.