Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plano Outlaw Eggfest update

Options
hornhonk
hornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum

Only 6 weeks away! Demo Eggs are going fast. The shirts are at the printers, tables and pop-ups are being rounded up and the nametags and lanyards will be here next week. I need to ask a favor! If you plan on coming, would you please register early so we can get your nametag ready? Last year, it took my wife and DIL hours of work at the last minute. They were not amused !  Again,we will be giving away two Small BGEs plus some very nice items. As usual, cooks are free. Check out our banner for other details, be sure to click on the "Photos" tab. The after party will be held at the Homewood Suites again. Plenty of Eggs will be there as well as the pool, hot tub and tv for the games. Last, but not least, free transportation will be provided all weekend. If you have any questions, I can be reached at hornhonk@verizon.net 

http://www.planooutlaweggfest.com/

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Steve you put out a lot of work and I thank you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hornhonk
    Options
    Thanks, Mickey. It will be great to see you in a few weeks.
  • Little Steven
    Options

Hey Steve,

Are you going to the Salado fest?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    Options
    I haven;t missed one yet! I'll be there. How about coming to Plano with your fellow Canuks? lol
  • Little Steven
    Options

Steve,

This is getting confusing. I am planning to be at the Salado fest.

Steve

Steve

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    Options
    Steve, Plano is in November. Salado is in March. I claim first dibs! lol
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Yeah March...that's what I'm talking about. I mean why would I leave these 35* temps to go now?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    Options
    It's warm in November here!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    It's been warm here too. Kinda enjoying the cold now but by March I won't be

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hornhonk
    Options
    Excellent point, I must say.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Thanks for all your hard work, Steve. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Already registered awhile back.

Is the Egg giveaway for cooks only or anybody who shows up? How much of a bribe to ensure I end up with one?  ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hornhonk
    Options
    One Small Egg will be a cooks only drawing. The second will be for cooks and paid guests. There will also be some more cooks only drawings. Click on the contributors tab on our web page to see what they are. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
  • friscoag
    Options
    I just registered. Are all the cook spots full?
  • Wreckt01
    Options
    never been to an eggfest, sounds like a blast. I'll take a look at the calendar and see what we can do. 
  • hornhonk
    Options
    friscoag said:
    I just registered. Are all the cook spots full?
    We still have a few cooks spots open. Want one?
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Wreckt01 said:
    never been to an eggfest, sounds like a blast. I'll take a look at the calendar and see what we can do. 
    We hope you can make it.
  • friscoag
    Options
    I gotta talk to my wife.  We go to all the A&M games, hauling the egg back and forth, plus we just did a cookoff, so I know she's pretty tired. (Plus she's pregnant)  Personally I'd like to cook, but I gotta talk to her first.  She may want to just be a spectator one weekend, haha.
  • Mickey
    edited September 2012
    Options
    friscoag said:
    I gotta talk to my wife.  We go to all the A&M games, hauling the egg back and forth, plus we just did a cookoff, so I know she's pretty tired. (Plus she's pregnant)  Personally I'd like to cook, but I gotta talk to her first.  She may want to just be a spectator one weekend, haha.
    She should be rested and ready to cook by March 16th 8->
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• friscoag
    Options
    haha, Baby comes 12/12/12...Might be more difficult in March
  • travisstrick
    Options
    If Steve is at salado and Steve is at Plano who is at the mother ship?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    friscoag said:
    haha, Baby comes 12/12/12...Might be more difficult in March
    Hell, by March that kid will have done the first year at A&M and be driving......

• hornhonk
    Options
    friscoag said:
    We will have an egg for you, leave yours at home!
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Mickey said:
    friscoag said:
    She should be rested and ready to cook by March 16th
    One fest at a time, Mickey. Please.
  • hornhonk
    Options
    If Steve is at salado and Steve is at Plano who is at the mother ship?
    Steve's mother
  • Cactus
    Cactus Posts: 12
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I went last Saturday and had an absolute BLAST. It was my first Outlaw Eggfest and looking forward to going back every year it returns; hopefully at the same outdoor location in old downtown. Great location!

It's impossible to beat a beautiful fall Saturday enjoying some epic egging under the big American flag in old downtown Plano! The weather was gorgeous and the food was spectacular.

I got there around 10:30. Got my name tag then enjoyed making a round or two to see everyone's set up, how they were prepping their food, how they chose to use their racks, grid heights, plate setters, what woods they liked and why, etc. The cooks were very knowledgeable and open with advice. I found that very informative and helpful.

Then, I'd say, right around 11:45 it was on and poppin'! The food started hitting the tables, the cow bells were sounding-off to "come n' get it!", the music was great (even my dad said the music was great and at a perfect volume) and the food was out-of-this-world; as good or better than most high-end restaurants I've been to in Dallas!

My favorites were:

-Lightly salted, smoked whole portabella mushrooms (can't begin to tell you how flavorful and good these were - I had no idea how "juicy" and moist a mushroom can actually become -- I do now).

-Beer Bratwurst

-Bourbon Chicken

-Bacon wrapped Jalapeno stuffed w/ Cookie Dough

-Prime Rib stuffed w Cheese/Spinach

-Smoked Lamb

-Cinnamon Apple Strudel

-Classic Chicken Wings

-Chili / Frito Chili Pie

It was all that and then some. The line to get in kept getting longer around 12:30 and the food kepta' coming. It was a hit; it was my first eggfest and I couldn't have had more fun on a Planol' Saturday in Plano! Thanks for the fun and can't wait for next year.

• hornhonk
    Options
    Wow, that was a nice post, Cactus! Thanks for the kind words. Next November will be here before you know it.image
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options
    Steve, it was nice to see you again and the family had a blast. Will probably run into you at Hirsch's or Elliott's in the near future.

J.J.