Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FYI for demo purchase at Texarkana Eggfest Oct 6 2012

Comments

• Hey this is my plan on owning an egg! I am fired up about going. 
  • Holy crap, that's Egg-spensive!!! At the N. GA Eggfest back in May, the Large Demo Eggs were $599! I bought mine new from the local dealer and talked him down to $700 out the door, after tax. I thought the price was more consistent across the country.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Really? Dang man i thought that i was getting a good deal. My dealer here in West TN quoted me $800 for just the egg. Now I must shop around. 
  • I believe $800 is the standard list price for a large only. But, I haggled with the local dealer, explained I intended to buy one from the Eggfest, and asked him to match the price. Counting gas it would have taken to drive 4 hrs round trip, he did, after I agreed to buy any accessories I bought from him: plate setter, pizza stone, fish basket, etc. not bashing your local dealer at all...they're there to make money. But, I'd put a little work in trying to haggle on the price. Here is the link to the Ga Mtn Eggfest earlier this year: http://www.mountainegg.com/DemoEgg.php
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The egging in the mountains price at $599 didn't include the nest or plate setter and I'm not sure if it included the ash tool or charcoal either. The eggtoberfest demo price is 7 something without the $60 platesetter. The price difference is not that much if you consider everything you get. I like how egging in the mountains lets you buy just the egg cause I have no need for a nest.
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I got my large from my dealer for $799 assembled, plate setter, grill gripper, ash tool, BGE lump, one bottle of BGE Sweet Maple seasoning, and some fire starters.  These Eggfest prices just don't seem real cheap to me.  This was without me haggling, I just called to see if they had a large, and drove right over and bought it.  However this is in Mid Missouri, I'm assuming prices vary quite a bit.
  • Hoppy & Hoppette
    Hoppy & Hoppette Posts: 38
    edited September 2012
    If I'm not mistaken, this years demo's at the GA fest are $725.00 which includes a large egg, nest, 20 # lump, fire starters, taxes, and tools (gripper and ash tool) needed to use the egg after the show.
  • I bought two demos. A large for $500 and a medium for $300.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL