Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unsolicited Public Service Announcement....Red Rooster

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If I were "Grillmeister", which I'm not, because there's only one Grillmeister....I would have to say that....."Ken Stone's Red Rooster really ROCKS!" If you are looking for a pure, simple rub to use on chicken....this is one you really need to consider. That said.......[p]It is absolutely incredible the amount of talent that participates in and on this Forum..... From Nature Boy to drbbq, to Chef Wil, to MickeyT, to the BBQGuru, and, to each and every Egg owner who comes up with something "different".....this is really great place![p]It stimulates us all. Once again, I'm thankful for this Forum, and for all the friends that I will never meet.[p]Good week to all.[p]Mike

Comments

• PRobinson
    PRobinson Posts: 74
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]I don't usually post, too busy reading and trying all of the recipes. However, when I discovered this forum, my barbecuing took on new life! Today, I did Elder Ward's bisket (perfect), Wa-Wa Wings (awesome) and jalepeno corn bread. My brother "dropped by" and left with brisket and cornbread, my daughter took a plate home for her husband with the parting comment "I will drop my chicken off on my way to work in the morning". They think I am the greatest. I too thank all contributors to the forum who so generously share their talents.
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Options
    Lawn Ranger, I had a party where I tried Red Rooster on some drummettes. That was in March. Since then I have done Red Rooster drummettes many, many times. It does rock.
    Scott

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    you forgot one of the most tallented eggers of all . ...[p]YOU!!!![p]with our lawn ranger handles, we take an otherwise non-descript egg and turn it into our own personal cooker with a very distinct personality. . ..and the tools you make for us just help to enhance the whole cooking experience. .. [p]and it always amazes me how humble folks are.. .willing to share, but also, always willing to give kudos to others when they are successful. .. .like paulette's post.. .every time i get to sample her food at an eggfest, i'm just bowled over by her stuff....she may be the most modest one of the whole whole bunch.. . .i just know she is holding back on us, and that the stuff of her's we've eaten is only the tip of her culinary ice berg!!. . .[p]thanks for all you do as well mikey!!

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    Thanks for the kind words - when I set out to blend Red Rooster, I had in mind exactly what you found: a simple rub that would complement the chicken without complicating it.[p]As to your other comments, Amen! Not a day goes by that I don't learn something here. And the forum participants? Fantastic Folks![p]Ken

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    I agree completely, particularly everytime I grab your handles on my eggs. For a little more comlicated chicken, Ken's E-Z Life rub does the Red Rooster one better, IMHO.

• 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    right on man, This whole thing has done awesome things for me, but most of all brought my Dad and I alittle closer. We have always shared the love for hunting and fishing and the outdoors as a whole, now we have one more thing in commen. I have learned so much for everyone here and Dad as well. This bunch is so open to new ideas and there is always someone there to help no matter what the problem is.
    The BGE has opened my eyes to a whole new world of cooking and I love it. Thanks to all who have shared there knowledge and passion for great egg food. And thanks to you too Dad even if I still dont have a full collection of Lawn Ranger tool yet! hehehehe
    Hope everyone has a great week,
    Ryan