Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It happened - Tri Tip follow-up

Options
Philicious
Philicious Posts: 346
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had an earlier post yesterday requesting a marinade for a tri tip I found in the freezer.  Had the male vision and found a bottle of the stuff that Travis uses on his brisket.  So, threw her on for indirect until 130 IT and then seared her up.  Very good.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sorry Phil, missed your post yesterday.  Better late than never, and maybe for future reference, I do a dry rub on Tri Tip:

Tri Tip Roast Seasoning

3 tablespoons table salt

1 tablespoon granulated garlic

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

1/4 teaspoon black pepper, medium grind

1/4 teaspoon Accent (MSG)

Pat the tri-tip dry with paper towels and apply a heavy sprinkling of seasoning all over the meat. There's no need to do this hours before cooking--season right after you start the fire in the cooker and let the meat sit at room temperature until you're ready to cook.

Chop the parsley or crush it between your fingers to make it small enough to mix well with the other ingredients. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.

Looks like you didn't need much help.  Looks fantastic - nice cook.

Options
    TJ - Thanks, I'll try the rub next time. A Trader Joes and a Publix opened up in my town just a few weeks ago. They both carry tri tips on a regular basis which was not the case with the other stores around here. I'll be cooking these more often.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.