Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Shot at Spares

Options
pileit1971
pileit1971 Posts: 136
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well here I dive in with my first attempt at Spares...

3 Racks of Swift Premium St Louis Style from Costco...already trimmed (saw other comments on another thread about this brand)

Rub w light mustard in fridge for about 4 hours...fired up egg, had a two layer set up that I put together myself, desperately waiting for my R & B AR combo to come today, no dice before start time, so went on about 1pm

Of course AR Rig came about 1/2 hour ago, so I washed it down and set it up and transferred the ribs onto that... Bad mistake to do that mid cook??? Seemed ends were getting cooked much quicker so thought it would be okay..

Dome temp has been between 250-300, been chasing it a little bit, guess its normal to do that, planning on eating around 6:30 and trying to best gauge the right temp, thinking I am on the right temp....thoughts...

More pics to follow... Planning on foiling about 4:30 after about 3 hours and then foiled for about 1.5 then sauced...

Plus the AR rig is great, but think I am going something wrong, seems that dome is tight to close with BGE grid on the rib extender on the top, not sure what I am doing wrong, will have to talk to Tom later, any ideas on what it looks like in the picture, I removed the temp probe clamp to the outside on Tom's recommendation with the rib extender on it..

Large BGE
Camp Chef 4 burner Griddle

Near Cleveland, Ohio

Comments