Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bit by the Egg! No Response for BGE!!

1235»

Comments

• bigphil said:

@EGGzilla_jr ; =D> =D> =D>

Yep.

I realize responding to annomous forum users is a slippery slope into a rabbit hole but I'd say good call on this one.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    @EGGzill Jr - it seems like some "Authorized Dealers" may need some additional instruction on proper assembly of the bottom vent. From this thread, and my own LBGE, which was assembled by the dealer, many of the vents are not being properly put together. Both my screen tabs, as well as my solid door tab are on the left. Didn't know that was wrong til this thread. Really appreciate the mother ship responding - reinforces the great customer service.
  • cep55cep55 Posts: 20
    @EGGzilla, thank you very much for an informative and constructive response. I think it's a perfect conclusion to this wild ride of a thread. Nicely put.
    ·
  • Thanks EGGzilla. I truly appreciate your response.
    ·
  • I DID get jinxed after reading this thread....I went out to cook and you guessed it....minor cut. Hubby will correct my sharp edge this weekend.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • They wont respond. They are waiting for your attorney to contact them. Think about it. You email them telling them you severed the tip of your finger. They are waiting for a law suit. I bet that email is floating around legal or outside council. 
    ·
  • lol....i think it was my dumb mistake for not paying enough attention after being warned...I'll accept responsibility and we will fix it on our own
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    ·
  • I too have the same problem and i received a bad cut to my right finger. I did not have to go to the ER. I am very careful now when i adjust the vent.
    ·
  • Wear Gloves. Period. I spent half of my professional life working on films - mostly commercials and industrials. When working with things that might hurt you- - you wear gloves. Nice deerskin work gloves. Any time I'm working with something that might be hot, sharp, heavy or otherwise dangerous - I wear some kind of hand protection. When I go skiing, and take my own gear, there's a pair of work gloves in my briefcase for muscling gear around.

Your fingers are the only ones you'll ever have - take care of them.

·