Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Labor Day Weekend

13»

Comments

• Uno Chicago Pizza on the BGE!  Used Necessary Indulgences' recipe for the toppings and Uno Chicago's recipe for the crust! Hmmmm.. so very tasty!
    IMG_5262.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 6M
    IMG_5264.JPG
    4752 x 3168 - 6M
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • Just landed in Miami. Headed to key west in 30 min. No egging for me this week.....again. I'll be dark all week unless I piss off the boss and get kicked out of the hotel room :). You boys and girls have a great week

• 11 hours into cook, internal temp 149, dome temp 245
    Hi Sam- 

So, how'd it turn out?  I haven't tried a brisket yet, and I've been eyeballing the ones at Walmart.  I was waiting to hear from someone who tried one first.

By the way, the tone you used in your first post was kinda begging for a flamethrower.  You're in mixed company here, and you're not the first northerner to move down here and talk about how "bad" it is or how great everything was back home.  I have no doubt that there is great food back in Michigan.  You're also not alone in noticing how expensive meat is getting.  I suspect that if you go back to Detroit for a visit, you will discover that prices have shot up there too.  It's not just a North Carolina thing...

Anyway, welcome to NC.  Come January, you'll wonder why you didn't move down here sooner.:D

Kevin
  • Brisket was a success!  Good bark, nice smoke ring and fork tender.  14.5 lbs, 17.5 hours, average dome temp 240, internal temp 195, foiled it, wrapped it, placed in the cooler for 2 hours.  One of my best brisket cooks in a long time.  The Egg has no equal.
    Brisket Done.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 305K
    Brisket Cut.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 311K

Simple ingredients, amazing results!