Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

How long have you owned your EGG and other info?

ChebonChebon Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just curious how long others have owned their EGGs? What size? How many? Etc?

I purchased my LGE BGE in '02 I believe and built a large table out of Red Oak with a piece of slate for heat protection and lockable swivel casters, I think I found the plans/write up on Naked Whiz to give credit.  When I got mine it had a non-adjustable hinge which was replaced free of charge due to the fact it allowed a gap at the rear between the lid.  

I have a platesetter, dual remote thermometer and a cast iron grate, which along with the firebox is cracked in multiple locations and have been for many many years.

Over the years I have smoked, grilled, fried and baked just about everything and can say that I have ruined eating out for myself and many of family and friends with the food that has come off that friend of mine!

Anyway, like I say, I'm not a fisherman, I just catch fish!  I certainly don't have the grandest setup nor recipes; however, I can say after 10 years it is still one of the best purchases I have ever made!!!

I added some pics, but, I am certain they are not anything that you haven't seen before.

p.s. At the time of this post the shoulder is at 165 and the EGG is at 220!

Thanks.

Comments