Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOK Recipes for Eggfest

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking at a Eggfest here in MN and I'm looking for suggestions. I'm doing chicken/ shrimp fried rice but I'm looking for other dishes that can be done at an Eggfest. Any suggestions?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    BG,

At Salado, I made pork dumplings and shrimp dumplings with dipping sauce, and also crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.  I also made peppersteak.  All went over really well.  If you want to do some of those, I'll be glad to share the recipe(s).

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    BG,

At Salado, I made pork dumplings and shrimp dumplings with dipping sauce, and also crab rangoon with sweet and sour sauce.  I also made peppersteak.  All went over really well.  If you want to do some of those, I'll be glad to share the recipe(s).
    Any help would be great. The Eggfest is Sept 15th so I still have some time to practice. Thank You.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BG, for the pork dumplings, I pretty much went by the following video.  Click here.
    For the dipping sauce, I used my own recipe.  I had bought a pint from my favorite Asian Fusion restaurant and reverse engineered it.  The dumplings and crab rangoon can be done ahead of time and frozen, and the sauces can also be made ahead of time.  That way, there's very little you have to do at the fest.

Dipping Sauce
    •  2 teaspoons Soy Sauce, not low sodium
    • 1/2 teaspoon Chili oil
    •  teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
    • 1/4 teaspoon Lime juice
    • -----For larger quantity ---
    • 8 parts Soy Sauce
    • 2 parts Chili oil
    • parts Balsamic Vinegar
    • part Lime juice

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious