Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Butt results

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had our first butt this weekend and it was absolutely out of this world...melt in your mouth ...juicy and tender. I'm feeling like a preacher converting the masses. My father-in-law picked up his new EGG Sunday and my brother is on his way.[p]Thanks to everyone for the help especially MikeO, NB, Spin, Carolina Wizard, TimM and everyone else who answered my questions last week.
It was especially helpful looking at GVW's and Tim's blow by blow descriptions of the process. If not for that I'm sure I would have been in a panic with the inconsistent temp jumps and plateaus.[p]The buut hit the EGG at 4:30 Friday afternoon at 200. By 9 PM the temp had slowly worked up to 240 and the internal was at 150. When I hit the sack at 12:30 the temp was still at 240 and the internal had creeped to 154. I checked at 4:30AM the temp had shot to 290 and the internal to 172. I squeezed the vents and went back to sleep. At 7:00AM the temp was at 220 and the internal at 177. By 8:00AM the internal had dropped to 174. I slowly raised the temp hitting 300 at about 9:30 AM. By 10:00Am the internal had reached 200 and off it came. I think I panicked a little when it was stalled at 8AM.[p]Thanks Again

Comments