Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Stir Fry with Oyster Sauce

Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Beef with broccoli, zucchini, red pepper, onion (all veggies from my garden!) and oyster sauce--- 3T dry sherry 2T oyster sauce 1T toasted sesame oil 1T soy sauce 1/2 t sugar 1/4 t black pepper Mise en place Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Veggies Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Beef and sauce added Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Plated up with some brown rice. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• looks great.  Did you cook the meet first, then add back in to the wok with the veggies?
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,106
    +1  Good cook.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    looks great.  Did you cook the meet first, then add back in to the wok with the veggies?

Yup
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 24,527
    looks good!  Can you get that wok up to wok hei temps?

• looks delish!!!
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
    Sure can Nola.....that's why I do it on the egg as opposed to kitchen burners. Thanks krobertsmsn...
  • lensegglensegg Posts: 35
    Great job. I can almost smell it. Do you need to wear gloves from the heat rising around the wok when you're stirring?
  • BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
    looks good!  Can you get that wok up to wok hei temps?
    +1 to higher than stove temp.  I just did some fried rice with whatever Wife arranged and it turned out great!  Wok is another BGE dimesion.  Get really good gloves.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
    I don't use gloves when stirring, but baysidebob is right....good gloves are needed to handle the wok when time to plate or to swirl the oil around.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,106
    Worst burn I've gotten on the Egg was with a wok, through gloves.  Since I've done some welding I was able to control the urge to toss it, and I just set it down on the deck.  Carrying a scar now. 

When I move the wok now I wear welding gloves, and use Ovegloves like pot holders.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys