Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wedding Cooking

milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just started cooking for a wedding tomorrow. More to pictures to come! First off is 8 chickens, then a 20lb turkey, and finally 60 lbs of porkbutt.
·

Comments

• BRush00BRush00 Posts: 332
    That's going to be a lot of charcoal....

Gotta ask though - why the chickens first?  I would've thought the logical order would be Pork then Poultry, as I would *think* anyways that the pork would re-heat easier/better.

Good luck & Have fun
    [Insert clever signature line here]
    ·
  • I get charcoal for free and just had 250 lbs delivered to me. All our easy to reheat, but pork needs less attention, and I have more errands to take care. Thanks!
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    you doing the chickens indirect or direct?
    ·
  • I did the chicken indirect.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,289
    Everything is looking good.  Is this a hired job or you doing it for a friend/relative?
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • Chicken is done and now the turkey is on.
    ·
  • I am doing it for friends as a wedding present. I usually sell the meat by the pound, but free of charge to them. It's all at cost for them. So far so good. The chicken taste awesome! I appreciate the comment, YEM!
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    What is your secret to free lump?  Can you adopt me so I can get free lump?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    I'm going to a wedding tonight. I'm a little sad that the wedding I'm attending won't be cooking with eggs. Nice looking cook. I hope all goes well for you as well as the newly weds.... I also would like to know your lump secret.
    ·