Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MADE IN THE USA!!!!! CGS

krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Thank you Tom for my well made/constructed eggcessories, delivered to my doorstep quite promptly, after helpful telephone guidance and with a sticker on the box PROUDLY proclaiming MADE IN THE USA!!!!

Need more of this!

Please support this business.
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    +1

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • jedawa
    jedawa Posts: 24
    edited August 2012
    Big +1. For my XL I got the adjustable rig combo with woo2, stone and pan. The options and capacities are just about limitless. Product quality and Tom's customer service are absolutely amazing... http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/xl-woo2-adjustable-rig-combo/
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    +1 Great Product and great service as well.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • I've got the rig for both the large and xl and couldn't be happier. Great service and product.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Tom--love the woo3.  Is there a way to use it with the swing rack from CGW?

Thanks

Dan
  • Great products, great service.  Tom went over and above for us on an international shipment recently.  Thanks!
    Mamaroneck
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    OK, I'll pile on. 
    Thanks Tom. The AR has really given me a lot more cooking options. Even made giving the drip pan airspace easier (no more need to play with Copper tubing).
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Some examples.
    Love the fact that i can slide racks out to get to bottom layers.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Tom is one of the VERY GOOD GUYS in the egg world (both egg worlds)....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    thanks to all for the positive comments.  Our goal is to support USA when economically and physically possible.  Terri, the wife, who does the packaging loves stickering the boxes, "Made in the USA". 

It's been awhile for me lighting the egg.  Picked up a three pack of bback ribs from Costco for a so to be cook.....can't wait......  

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'm all for supporting USA manufacturing.  That said, it's a little ironic that the BGE (at least the ceramic) is made in Mexico.  Primo is the only ceramic Kamado made in the USA.
    Yes.  I like the AR allot.  Can  do multiple racks of ribs plus elevating the grates for better cooks.

Soon I will be ordering the spider as I want to try a WOK adn especially a cast iron grate on the coals for searing steaks.

Garnerville, NY
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I like to support the best product. If its made in the USA then all the better. If two products are about equal, with country of origin being main diff, I'll choose the one made in the USA. While a pipe dream be nice to see th
    Boom
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    This isn't a battle where you have to decide sides.  We all own the best cooker/smoker in the business and we have two of the best accessory makers here to support us.  There are no losers here.
    I'll be ordering from both in the near future.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Big +1. For my XL I got the adjustable rig combo with woo2, stone and pan. The options and capacities are just about limitless. Product quality and Tom's customer service are absolutely amazing... http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/xl-woo2-adjustable-rig-combo/
    I have an adjustable rig, spider and ston; swing rack, shaft kit, etc.  I noticed you also have a woo.  Do I need that as well?  Scratch that, would it be fun to have that as well?
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • jedawa
    edited August 2012
    @Baysidebob-  I think the difference between the two is main grill level.  Woo2 is at the gasket and spider is (or can be) lower.  Woo2 is basically a spider with a raised ring attached.  I was gonna grab a spider because some of my larger cooks end up close to dome and cook fast.  I'm kinda a rookie though, I'd like to hear Tom's take on it...  
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I have the wooooo! It is a great tool and love it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• tjv
    edited August 2012
    " I'd like to hear Tom's take on it..."

jedawa, I'm not 100% sure what your asking  but here are some thoughts. 

With the large egg, you really do not need both, rig and woo.   On the rig, you can get a grid at the felt line (woo setup) by setting the crossbars and Rig grid (oval or 16") at the upper notch level.  I prefer to put the bge large grid right atop the rig and grill there.  For me, it's much easier to control temperature when grilling in the dome's sweet spot.

With the Spider and Q cooks, the only time I recommend using the Spider to hold the ceramic stone is if you need the vertical space for the meat.  Typically, use the spider when doing big, 2 grid, butt or brisket cooks.   If it's just a one grid  Q cook or couple grids of ribs, I recommend putting everything on the rig: ceramic stone for indirect and the grid(s).  Having everything above the fire ring opens up the egg for great airflow.

Whether you need both the adjustable rig and Franco's swing grid is a personal decision.  I have experience with swinging grids, as I built several when I first started to egg.  Around 2007ish, I was using a two post, adjustable, swinging grid system.  I quit the swinging grids and pursued the rig, as for me, the rig provides more flexibility.

I realize everyone has different goals and methods when grilling and Qing.  I give props to Franco for bringing the Bubba Keg swinging grid concept to "true" ceramic cooking.   I'm just not sure what happens to all swinging grid manufacturers should Bubba Keg perfect their 2009 patent application.  

As always, feel free to call me.  

tom 

• jedawa
    That's what I was thinking. I usually do large, low and slow cooks on XL. I was considering adding spider to gain even more vertical. What's a "Q cook"?
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    I have the woo3.  what is the advantage?
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I think the PS woo3 has the spider built into it and can hold the plate setter as well, so when changing gears, the entire setup can be lifted out by two handles and then you can go direct.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    " I'd like to hear Tom's take on it..."

jedawa, I'm not 100% sure what your asking  but here are some thoughts. 

snip....With the large egg, you really do not need both, rig and woo.....snip
    As always, feel free to call me.  

tom 
    Something special about BGE aftermarket.  This guy coulda, sold me a woo on top of my A/R for my large with ease.  Instead, he tells the TRUTH.  Franco has been totally forthright about his product and shipping dates and expressed gratitude at his product being favorably compared to the AR.  I have both and use both frequently.  I think these guys are grill-men who came up with some good ideas for products and found ways to share them with us.  Thay aren't "salesmen" pushing inventory of minimal quality to maximize profit.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • tjv
    sorry for the late responses, took the weekend off and did some Qing!

Jedawa,  a Q cook is short for BBQ cook,  ribs, brisket, butt or chicken typically!

Dan4BBQ,  the woo is a simple way to raise the bge grid to the felt line for direct or indirect cooking.  Woo3 indirect uses a pizza stone. PSWoo indirect uses the BGE platesetter.

baysidebob, thanks for the comments, they are truly appreciated.  

Smoked these Saturday, in the dome on the XL.

tom
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    My lord those ribs look good Tom
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    sorry for the late responses, took the weekend off and did some Qing!

Jedawa,  a Q cook is short for BBQ cook,  ribs, brisket, butt or chicken typically!

Dan4BBQ,  the woo is a simple way to raise the bge grid to the felt line for direct or indirect cooking.  Woo3 indirect uses a pizza stone. PSWoo indirect uses the BGE platesetter.

baysidebob, thanks for the comments, they are truly appreciated.  

Smoked these Saturday, in the dome on the XL.

tom
    Ribs look great Tom.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93