Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump during the winter

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Devastating, if a huge lump cache catches on fire..

Options
    @nolaegghead =)) nice art work but thankfully the shed is out by my woodpile far away from my house  B-)
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Coastal_Egger
    Options
    One would think with having that much lump it wouldn't be a stick man. :-??
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    10 minutes from Camp Hill Wegmans with dealer half way in between. Another dealer 10 minutes aweay and an Ace (I'll stock up on WW) abort 5 minutes from the house. Less than an hour to Tastylicks. Figure I'm good just like last winter.
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    to get RO by me in the winter TastyLicks is 45/60 minutes away wegmans is close not sure if they have it all year tho WW i can get from ace if i order it and BBQ guru carries it there only a short drive but for during the week i prefer RO or wegmans burns nice and is cheaper 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I got 6 bags so far and I thought I was doing pretty good.  My goodness, I'm a piker compared to some of you!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    We got our Egg a year ago and I've made three trips to Fred's, buying about 120 lbs each time. I can't get anything but the common Home Depot/Lowe's brands in Philadelphia plus BGE. All OK, but nothing like Nature's Own from Canada or Fred's "Blue Bag" brand.
    Don't forget you should be able to get it from Ace hardware throughout the year. (I hope)

@jlsm Do you know of any sources for natures own aside from freds? I'm only asking because I'm looking for a better deal.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I had 5 bags of lump end of November, the dealer I bought the egg from sells lump all winter but they are only open weekends during the winter. The local hardware store was stocking lump in March again. Gerhard
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Devastating, if a huge lump cache catches on fire..

Wow! You have issues...

Luckily, you are not alone.  =))
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    WOW, that's alot!