Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone try Wegman's Lump charcoal?

DaveM
DaveM Posts: 100
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried the Wegman's brand charcoal?  Their store brands are usually pretty solid.  I just saw it today at the Wegmans in Leesburg, VA.  A 10# bag for $5.99.  That is about 1/2 of what I can get the BGE brand for locally.

I would have grabbed one to try, but I was on my way out..
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    It is made by Royal Oak which also makes BGE brand.  BGE is generally considered to be very over priced.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    Awesome.  I'll put it on our shopping list every time we go, so I can have a nice stash for when they hide it in the winter.  
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    just starting getting it a few weeks ago myself seems pretty good and the price is good 5.99 10 pound bag here compare to RO at 6 and change for 8.8 pounds considering RO makes it for them not sure why wegmans is cheaper 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.