Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

2»

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Hi-rise mesh bikini briefs?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Hi-rise mesh bikini briefs?
    I go with the Borat look. I find the ladies really dig it

• njlnjl Posts: 851
    I got a Farmland 3-slab pack of baby backs from Costco.

I'm thinking of trying a 2-2-1 with a beer boat for the middle stage.  It worked out pretty well for the brisket a couple weeks ago.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Hi-rise mesh bikini briefs?

Some of the fellows might too!  :))

I bought a 13.5 lb brisket earlier this week and I plan on smoking the point half on saturday, and the flat is brining till sunday for pastrami. I also ground a pound for burgers on tuesday that were quite tasty.

I ate a pastrami sammy at Hershels east side deli in Reading Terminal Market (philadelphia, pa) today, and although it was tender it didn't have quite the flavor as my last pastrami from the egg. (BTW my friends thought that Hershels pastrami was dilish)
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    @stike do you ever cook, or just give great advice?

:)
  • Hi-rise mesh bikini briefs?

Some of the fellows might too!  :))

I bought a 13.5 lb brisket earlier this week and I plan on smoking the point half on saturday, and the flat is brining till sunday for pastrami. I also ground a pound for burgers on tuesday that were quite tasty.

I ate a pastrami sammy at Hershels east side deli in Reading Terminal Market (philadelphia, pa) today, and although it was tender it didn't have quite the flavor as my last pastrami from the egg. (BTW my friends thought that Hershels pastrami was dilish)
    Nice. I'm sure you can do better pastrami at home. I can't wait to fire up my Charcuterie book! I also can't wait to dig a hole in the ground an bury a pig.

As far as the Borat look on a beach in TX goes.....not sure dude in jacked up truck with rebel flags flapping from dual smokestack exhaust pipes (my only drawback about living in TX, but he is everywhere) is ready to see borat running down the beach. that would not end well

• tenormantenorman Posts: 23
    Did a pepperoni pizza on Friday night, will do a pork loin on Saturday...pics will be posted.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    LOL
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    @jwburns: I tend to post my cooks (few interesting ones these days) on the dreaded other forum, but have cross pollinated here too.

I did unwrap my prosciutto today to see how she was doing. 425 days at room temp (hence my impatience with people throwing out a steak after three days). Needs more time

I de-larded and rehung
    Lamb ham gets smoke tomorrow. Bresaola got round two of the cure. All of this by the book and not at all due to my imagination

And, now that i think of it, none of it actually a 'cook'
    :)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
     And, now that i think of it, none of it actually a 'cook' :)
    Glad you said it. I was ready to point it out. 

prosciutto Mmmmmm
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Ribeyes and Apple Pies in an apple on Saturday, not sure about Sunday yet.
  • My calendar got jammed this weekend so I'm left with doing something relatively quick.  It's always like this the last few weekends of summer and the whole month of December.  Come on Labor Day!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  If the lead bullets don't kill you, the leaded water will.

• The wife is begging for a pizza out of the egg...so I'm cooking a brisket.  Just kidding.  I'll be doing my first pizza on Saturday and some ribeyes on Sunday.
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    edited August 2012
    Flap steak tonight, out tomorrow and lamb chops on Sunday. Egg Good!!!!
    George