Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New To The Forum

eggspurt
eggspurt Posts: 4
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
After reading more than a few post talking about us folk that read the forum but never post I decided not to be one of THOSE people. I have now had my own large BGE about three months. I am however not new to them. My dad has had one for over 15 years now and many many wonderful meals have been had from it. My love of everything smoked started with his BGE and the fact I grew up in the gloriously southern and BBQ infused state of Georgia. As life would have it I am now living in California where BBQ is not quite as big of a deal as back east. I cook on the egg one or two days a week but by two days I mean about 48 hours strait on average. I love the egg and have so much fun with it my corvette restoration project has taken a back seat to my eggin. No worries about the car it will be done. Anyway I will stop all the chattering and get to the good stuff.

Equipment
1 Large BGE
1 BBQ Guru Cyber Q Wifi Grilling Computer ( Love This Thing)
My Egg sits in a regular nest due to my small back porch (condo)
About six different smoking wood types and two charcoal wood types
I have a lot of the usual BBQing equipment rib racks, Sitten Chicken, ect, ect, ect

Things I Have Cooked
I have  done a few steaks, briskets, beer can chickens, hamburgers, wings, mac and cheese, meatloaf, pork shoulders, atomic buffalo turds, salmon, beef jerky, chicken jerky ( for my dogs), sausages and hot dogs, pizza and baked beans and smoked cheese . As well I have smoked many turkeys on my dads bge.
Ok so now I have posted : )

Comments