Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Varieties

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to do ABTs this weekend and from reading a bit, I think a LOT of people are doing ABTs. Thought it might be useful to grab some ABT ideas in one place because they are more versatile than a lot of people think. I'm kind of burnt out on the little weenie things, so want to ponder some other possibilities. What are some favorite ABT stuffings???[p]mShark[p]ps-my sewing house..the Chateau d'Sew...was finished today. Move in date tomorrow. Pix to follow!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mollyshark,
    i really like doing sweet abt's. .. if you can call them that... . sweet banana pepper or yellor or orange bell peppers, cut in a way that there is a 'trough'. ..mix 1 pound of crab meat with one brick of cream cheese .. . sprinkle in a little dizzy raging river rub. ..stuff the pepper pieces and wrap with prociutto. .. 1 hour indirect at 350 degrees . .. .i'm not into 'heat' so i really like these. ..

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]Sometimes I do them with sliced up Italian sausage in the middle - cook the sausage first on the Egg, then stuff.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]You just ain't lived till you put some of that chili dog meat or regular ole taco meat in there. Man you think you died an gonna hevin. Onlee way I'll doem these dayz.[p]StumpBaby

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    StumpBaby,[p]Oh yea..an another thing..I don't use no bacon none neetha..I use the prushooto and olive oil on the outside and then my rub of the day.[p]StumpBaby
  • wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]I did some last weekend. I used meat from the brisket end of some pork spares that I cooked the day before. Also cream cheese and wrapped them in bacon. They were pretty good, but next time I'm gonna try some sharp cheddar. The cream cheese just didn't have enough bite for my taste. [p]Mike
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]One variation that is solidly in my ABT stuffing rotation is chorizo - a nice spicy mexican sausage you can get in tubes at the grocery. Cook first on the stove, then stuff your jalopeno 1/2 onion & chive cream cheese and 1/2 chorizo. I still use the bacon wrap. I found that the thin sliced bacon is much better on ABTs than the thick sliced stuff.[p]Or... goat? (playing off a thread a week or so ago!)[p]BTW, look this weekend for goat post - baby goat born this week![p]Chuck
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mollyshark,
    I do them w/ drunken chicken and maple rub.

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Mollyshark, something different using zucchini instead of peppers. Check the link[p]mbt6.jpg

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Mollyshark,
    Try panchetta and fontina cheese

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 83
    Options
    Mollyshark,[p]
    Iget a tin of smoked oysters from the store, stuff one or two in the ABT and top w/ cheese of choice- I like cheddar.[p]Also have used grilled shrip w/ a mexican cheese.[p]If you have a ny smoked fish spread (salmon, catfish what ever) that is a good choice.[p]HAd been told that a good spinach and artichoke dip is a good stuffing also.
    Eric

• Unknown
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]At a local tapas restaurant,[p]They stuffed dates with gorgonzola cheese
    and then wrapped the dates in bacon, these were called
    "DreamDates" and boy they are mmm, mmm, good ! [p]If I can find the dates, I will be serving these
    at the BGE fest in Atlanta, so I have dibs,
    no competitors please !