Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings and skewered veggies....help please

Options
gooddogjudge
gooddogjudge Posts: 106
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I need chicken wings and veggies ready at the same time. How do I succeed?

Comments

• newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    Options
    Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • gooddogjudge
    Options
    Buy another egg and use one for each? Or, just put the veggie skewers on for the last 10+ minutes. What temp are you cooking the wings?
    That's what I'm asking....temp, time, direct, indirect, raised grid?
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    What kind of veggies? How do you want to cook them? If you wok them it will only take a few seconds to cook.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • the_alchemist83
    Options
    What temp are you using?  Are you planning on direct or indirect?  Too many things to consider to give you a direct answer.  My last batch of wings, I did around 430 F, indirect for about 20 min/side for a total of 40 minutes.  You could always add your veggies sometime during the 2nd side?
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I find veggies reheat amazingly well, and I do a lot of veggies.  Cook them first, maybe even hours earlier, and then reheat.

If you have room you can do them in a sealed container, which retains moisture (pic attached), while you do meat on the same grid.  This also let me add some yummy cheese and tomatoes.

My personal solution; and XL and a LBGE (last pic, veggies on the XL).

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    I do wings raised grid around 350*F+/- on the dome and flip around every 15-20 mins til about 45-50 mins in then sauce and back on the BGE for around 10 mins.  Now for your veggies-depends on what they are and how you plan to cook them-I usually toss them in one of those aerated (many holes) grilling pans on a second grid til done (eye ball/taste test).  Should you skewer them you could run them along with the wings-experiment and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.