Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home stretch

MrCookingNurse
MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Think I just broke through the stall on my brisket. Was at 170's for about two hours, trucking along now. Gonna be a late night! Work messed my timing all up today!! Anyone else up smoking??

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited August 2012

Internal is 183. Just opened the bottom vent a tad smiggin to try and help it out. 248 grate temp. This thing looks awesome.

Same time just one with flash one without. Sorry iPhone pics.

XLBGE 
  • Umm, I think you need to put the KY before taking the pic. I don't think you are only smoking tonight ;))
  • Oh my, I am dying,over here! =))
  • Oh snap! Wow it's been a long day didn't even notice that in the pic!!

The eggs not the only thing working late :P

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Bwahhahahhaaha
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Well, you needed something to get through the stall.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Hey RN I want to aquire a Maverick like you have. But on amazon find so many negetive comments and issues with range etc. How do you like yours? comments? The food looks super. Want to try it myself.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Mole351
    Mole351 Posts: 110
    Well, you needed something to get through the stall.

• Mole351
    Mole351 Posts: 110
    And yes I'm up and smoking, but just getting mine started....getting a pork shoulder ready to put on. Late night (east coast) as morning comes early as I'm on baby duty at the crack of dawn. Well worth it though!
  • As far as the maverick goes, It would have said me 3 racks of ribs and 1/3 a bottle of DD if I had believed it today! I just tested both thermos food and pit, both exactly 212 in water.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Umm, I think you need to put the KY before taking the pic. I don't think you are only smoking tonight ;))
    by far the funniest thing I have read all day
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    I used mustard to hold my rub on... is that what the KY's for?
    =))
    Awesome. 
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • Lol, glad I could be worth a couple of laughs tonight! Just took the brisket off FTC it at 205 internal. Looks smells and taste amazing!!!!!! I'll post some well planned pics tomorrow when we slice it for lunch. I saved a container of juice to use for reheating the meat.

The maverick works amazing. I have zero complaints. Just wish I'd paid more attention when ordering and got the 732 this is just 73 but it does all I need it and think it was 30$. Would buy another tomorrow if needed to. It's rock solid on temp and just woke me up to tell me the meat was at 202.

XLBGE 
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Think I just broke through the stall on my brisket. Was at 170's for about two hours, trucking along now. Gonna be a late night! Work messed my timing all up today!! Anyone else up smoking?? Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Greatest. Picture. Ever... At least at this forum...

Looks like quite the evening for yourself... You've got your KY, your meat is smoking, and the remote is near by for a little Skinimax...

This reminds me of Chef from South Park... I can almost hear the Barry White in the background as he "cooks" something up in his kitchen.

All in good fun @MrCookingNurse... a good lesson for all of us that take pics of our proudest achievements on our Eggs

he is a hero among us...  things that took place at CookingNurses's home last night at some point in time?

he's doing a long smoke

he's playing video games

he's watching TV

he's rolling over and waking his wife up? LOL

good stuff here!

• Aviator
    edited August 2012
    The maverick works amazing. I have zero complaints. Just wish I'd paid more attention when ordering and got the 732 this is just 73 but it does all I need it and think it was 30$. Would buy another tomorrow if needed to. It's rock solid on temp and just woke me up to tell me the meat was at 202.

Thanks. Have done ordered it already. :) As they say, the spending never ends....

The KY blooper is priceless though, I gotta say.

:))

Chattanooga, TN.

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869

With that lube tube I thought you were doing a butt rub.  weeeeeee

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Here we go! Time to eat!

Kept the juice. Heated it up kinda like a au jus (spelling?) and poured it over the sliced brisket in oven to let it heat up.

XLBGE 
  • The original picture I have to agree is the best picture I have ever seen on this forum. I laughed pretty hard at that one.
  • The original picture I have to agree is the best picture I have ever seen on this forum. I laughed pretty hard at that one.

Best ever. I busted out when I saw it. Being a human being is a funny business sometimes. Could have easlily been me. Thanks for the laugh MCN- You are a good sport Brisket looks good too. And not to make this thread serious, because it's too good, but next time separate the layer of fat in the middle and slice both parts against the grain. What you have here is the point end of the brisket where the grain runs 2 ways on either side of that middle layer. Brisket is stringy when slived with the grain so separate them and slace against the grain on each. now.....back to the KY jokes...man, this is a slippery slope :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Warning, Mavrick's not intended for human temperature monitoring.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Family love it! I'm always my hardestcrtic. Definetly room to improve but proud of my first efforts and was an enjoyable cook for many reason ;)

XLBGE 
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Funny stuff and theres no real good way of saying this but at least your meat looks good lmao  =)) :))  awesome sport 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • I beleive there has been a clear misunderstanding here. When we say we like to be well lubricated before starting the egg, we are talking about cocktails. I'm sure it's a very common mistatke. oh well, Potato/Patawto I guess.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Oh snap! Wow it's been a long day didn't even notice that in the pic!! The eggs not the only thing working late :P

Who goes around here posting "Pics or it never happened"? :))
  • Aviator

RN, not pickin on ya man...

It almost appears that the KY was perfectly "showcased" in that picture. Its not like you could overlook it.

Man must be very proud of his work.

=))

Chattanooga, TN.

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Dude's buying the 32oz, too. They dont screw around
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Dude's buying the 32oz, too. They dont screw around
    way to many comments to be made to this one lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    So I see your title plays directly to your first pic. =)) Your post is fantastic btw.
  • Just showed this thread to my hubby he loved it!
  • Wow, any chance of a serious nod to brisket cooking has left this thread long ago.

Bark is fine and all but no one likes a dry butt.

XLBGE