Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack?

Comments

• Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Found a 2 qt. dutch oven on Amazon.  Fits swell on upper or lower rack.  I love carmalized onions.  It was just right for 3.  When close moved to the upper rack and added a splash of merlot.  Burgers (home ground) and salmon burgers (home ground) went on.  All came out great!  One tip:  When the onions are done get them OUT of the dutch oven.  That iron holds a lot of heat and my first effort was blackend onion bits when I put the lid on and let them sit on a cold stove-top.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I was looking at thy same Dutch oven :)). I would like a smaller one as well.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Baysidebob
    I was looking at thy same Dutch oven :)). I would like a smaller one as well.

I had been using the 12 inch diameter one my wife has had forever.  OK for some things but this one is Goldilocks (just right) and pairs so well with the swing rack.  Start on the lower rack direct then move to the upper rack to finish while other stuff cooks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K6WG1W/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

12 left as of this minute at $24.89.  It will take me to another level.

• JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    Does the swing rack fit on top of the Woo3 or do you need the shaft kit to lower the top tier heighth?  The woo3 puts the lower rack at the felt line.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Franco......any word on swing rack?......not that I am not patient!

:-h
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Baysidebob
    Franco......any word on swing rack?......not that I am not patient!
    As I patiently waid for word on my shaft kit.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Tuesday arrival and shipping starting Wednesday. Stay tuned.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • CGW1
    Everyone.....on my initial count between the number of racks that are coming in (Tuesday end of day) and orders placed, it appears that everyone will have there orders going out this week.  There will be a recount, should something change I will reply to your email when you placed your order.

As of now the only thing I may run into are the shaft kits, we might not have enough...but that is an easy fix.  Stay tuned to this thread for further breaking news!!!
  • Sgt93
    Meanwhile, I used mine again tonight. Just sayin. :))
  • CGW1
    Your brutal!!! Lol
  • Daveh1976
    Daveh1976 Posts: 62

I'll stay up late waiting for my email on Tuesday!!!

Can't wait for the grate to really get here.  I really don't like the BGE grate after cooking on cast iron grates for 4 years.  I could really use the extra room as well.

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Oh YES! I can't wait, I need that extra space!!
  • hrchdog
    hrchdog Posts: 40
    I looked on the website and didn't see a swing rack listed, is it a special order item?
    Herrin,IL.
  • CGW1
    from our website, get into our web store, it's the first item listed.  Should you have a problem finding it, please contact me.
  • gpsegg
    Great news......Looking forward to it! 
    George
  • Sgt93
    I think I am going to cook some steaks on mine tonight. FYI only  >:)
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    I am sure Franco is wrapping each package with a tidy little bow for dispatch to his happily waiting customers.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Its tuesday and have no emails... ~X(

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CGW1
    edited July 2012
    DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!  Everyone made the list and I have 1 left.  So there's no need to list the names of the people who made it, you all did.  However, shaft kits are short handed by 5 orders.  I'm trying to get the kits moved up.

Now the daunting task of FedEx and Tracking numbers & sending out emails.  Orders will begin leaving tomorrow and Thursday.

I do ask a small favor from everyone that has ordered, by the way that's 27 orders placed.  Please good, bad it doesn't matter, I need feed back on your experiences with the product.  I appreciated everyone that has commented and posted pics, I need everyone else to do the same.  It's the only way I can get the word out to the masses.  So whatever other forums you post on, please mention our product.  Thank You.

Lastly, I hope the waiting aspect, though hard, has not jaded you enough to give us a bad rap on the overall dealing with Ceramic Grillworks, this thread has been awesome and has caused me a good problem on my end, however I feel for you my customers that have waited.  I'm very customer oriented and I hate to have people waiting, I know I hate to wait. So again I thank everyone for your patience.

By this time next week most of you depending on shipping distance, will be cooking on your new 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System.  WWOOOO HHHOOO!!!

Please post feed back on this thread....let's see how long we can make this thread go!!!!  
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    What about post kits if ordered?
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • CGW1
    If you ordered one and don't get one, it's on back order, it'll be shipped out at our expense once it's restocked.  This should be a shorter wait, due to the nature of what it is.  Also it doesn't mean you can't use the system, it's just an accessory for it. 
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!  Everyone made the list and I have 1 left.  So there's no need to list the names of the people who made it, you all did.  However, shaft kits are short handed by 5 orders.  I'm trying to get the kits moved up.

Now the daunting task of FedEx and Tracking numbers & sending out emails.  Orders will begin leaving tomorrow and Thursday.

I do ask a small favor from everyone that has ordered, by the way that's 27 orders placed.  Please good, bad it doesn't matter, I need feed back on your experiences with the product.  I appreciated everyone that has commented and posted pics, I need everyone else to do the same.  It's the only way I can get the word out to the masses.  So whatever other forums you post on, please mention our product.  Thank You.

Lastly, I hope the waiting aspect, though hard, has not jaded you enough to give us a bad rap on the overall dealing with Ceramic Grillworks, this thread has been awesome and has caused me a good problem on my end, however I feel for you my customers that have waited.  I'm very customer oriented and I hate to have people waiting, I know I hate to wait. So again I thank everyone for your patience.

By this time next week most of you depending on shipping distance, will be cooking on your new 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System.  WWOOOO HHHOOO!!!

Please post feed back on this thread....let's see how long we can make this thread go!!!!  
    Thanks for the update. Hope it will be waiting when I return next week from an rv trip with my grand daughter.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Thanks CGW1. Yu know I was only kidding... :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• CGW1
    No worries Aviator. I'm anxious to get these into everyone's hands...I mean grills. ;)
  • Baysidebob
    No worries Aviator. I'm anxious to get these into everyone's hands...I mean grills. ;)

And how about the CGW T-Shirts?  I got a can of red Rustolium spray paint standing by.  So if I use your grill as a stencil, how hot do I have to burn it to get the paint off?
  • gpsegg
    Great news.......Fraco..thank you..looking forward to using it on our next trip to the mountains end of August!!  You have been nothing short of a pleasure to work with...I'm sure most agree!
    George
  • gpsegg
    Thats Franco!
    George
  • sboz8
    sboz8 Posts: 5
    I got the last one. Thanks much Franco.
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Thanks  CGW1

I look forward to using your product.

You handled the high amount of orders with a very level of professionalism.

Great doing business with you.

Dan
  • CGW1
    Awe gee guys....your making me blush!!! Thank you very much for the kind words. @ Baysidebob, there may not be a need to use your grate as a stencil, I may look into some sort of "Nice Rack" T Shirt :))