Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

May have lost my license to use the egg

Options
setdahook
setdahook Posts: 284
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well I had a horrible cook today, I thought I would try something new with a pork belly low and slow with a homemade teriyaki marinade injected in it. I thought maybe go low and slow render the fat down then crank it up to 400 and try to get it crisp. I am thinking I may have to go back to hot dogs and work up from there.

FAIL!!!! 

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Awe,  it't ok, chin up!  Everyone screws up, especially if you are trying something new!
  • the_alchemist83
    Options
    It's alright!  The important part is that you learn or try to figure out where you went wrong so you know where to fix it next time!  I've been keeping a "log book" so to speak of everything I cook & what I do so I can know where to fix things the next time.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Think of your buddy in your picture. Who is going to be head "taster" for you? Get back out there and smoke something....at least for the dog!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • WickedIsland
    WickedIsland Posts: 153
    Options
    You don't know until you try and if you don't eat you die. This men's that you have to keep at it.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    That's a better cut of meat to have a problem with than let's say a prime cut of prime rib roast!!!  Get back on that horse, I mean get back on that deck or patio and kick the next cook's butt.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI