Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Been lurking for a while

Options
Onegrecook
Onegrecook Posts: 121
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I've been lurking for a while. I'm a new Egg owner (10 days) and have learned a lot from reading this forum. I built my own table and also purchased a digiq wifi. I was able to get it connected to my network and took advantage of the port forwarding function. I successfully cooked my first rack of ribs while monitoring the pit and food temps from my office. I love that! I hope to gain more knowledge from you all. It's nice to actually be able to post.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    Welcome to bliss! Nice looking setup. Time to get it dirty. I would forego the digital stoker until you've mastered manual temp controlling. Either way you're gonna love it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Onegrecook
    Options
    Certainly will do! I do like the challenge of manual temp control...it's fun to mess with. I'm also a geek for gadgets, so the digiq wifi was on my "that's cool...must have one" list.

Thanks for the compliment on the table...I'm not much of a carpenter but I get by.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Wow, looks like you got that new electric egg in the first pic.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Onegrecook
    Options
    Lol...I assume you are referring to the cable in the background that appears to be part of the egg? Very observant:)