Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beercan Chicken

Options
Mole351
Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
cooking beercan chicken for the first time (have done spatchcock a few times, want to change it up).  what is the cook temp and estimated time for most beercan cooks? 

any other pointers/advice to make it come out just right?  just going to put oil on, beercan in, and dry rub. 

Comments

• Fishingtampabay
    Options
    300deg direct or indrect for less flare up from dripings. let the bird sit in fridge uncoverd for a few hr. olive oil & your favorite rub. drink half the beer an stuff beer can with fresh herbs an garlic. Also cut a potato or sausage in-half an shove in the top of chicken. Everyone fights over the sausage.

I get the 2 pack whole chickens from SAMs club. They are 4-6lbers. Takes 1 1-1/2 hour to cook. Been using apple or cherry wood. Just a few small chunks. I cook both birds....one for dinner an the other for chicken salad for lunches the next few days.

I have cooked whole chickens both ways & with same results. But the beer can just looks cooler..!