Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Getting Started

Options
ChefBubba
ChefBubba Posts: 10
edited July 2012 in Forum Feedback
I think there needs to be a section for folks getting started, stickies with FAQ, explanations grilling setups (i.e. direct, indirect, raised grid), list of lingo with definitions.

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    Have you tried using the search function?  See just to the right of your title for this thread.  There is a little star.  Click it and it will then go into your bookmarks.  I use the star to keep track of threads that I have commented on, or recipes that I would like to try.

There are so many threads and history that probably anything you want to know, has be discussed over and over, and over again.  I use the search and try to find what I am looking for but, people always respond to my posts.  I have been egging for under a month and feel that I read and research this board during most of my free time!  Good luck, it is a journey, welcome aboard!  

• ChefBubba
    ChefBubba Posts: 10
    Options
    when i search, i get hits for not only original posts, but anything that "quoted" that op. also, i want to know what a raised grid setup is, but when i search for raised grid, i get 100 sults saying, "i cooked it at 350 raised grid". just think a "basics" sticky wouldbe good
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Yes, I feel your pain.  Let me see what I can come up with.
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Vent Settings:  This one is great to use as a guide - http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/746823/vent-settings-a-visual-guide#latest

Also check out www.nakedwhiz.com

This site is chock full of information, recipes, product reviews, etc.  
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Options
    One suggestion for searching, is to go to google.com and type "green egg forum" and then your search... like say you want to make a flank steak, and wonder if anyone here has posted about it.  Go to google and type "green egg forum flank steak".

The first result will be from this forum, then under it there will be several more inset a little.  under that it will say "more results from eggheadforum.com"  click that and the whole page will be of this forum.

I know it sucks to have to go outside the site to search the site, but in my experience it's an easier way to find things.  Then as Lizzie says, click the star at the top of the post and you will be able to find it again.  Or just add it to your bookmarks on your browser.

Lastly, most people here really don't mind answering posts about newbie questions, although you might get some groans from some folks.  Post away, it's your forum as much as it is mine, or anyone else's.
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    I am a new member. Is there a Help topic for the forums? I am now able to comment on an existing forum topic, but I cannot figure out how to create a new topic.

Thanks,
    Tim
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Options
    Click the button directly under the search box that says "New Discussion". Enjoy.
    XL BGE
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    Thanks! I couldn't see the forest for all the trees.

Tim