Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Cyber Q wifi arrived!!!! NOW WHAT????

krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
After some debate, I ordered and rec'd my new cyber q wifi today...YAY!!! I do not know how to do the whole network thing and prob will just manually operate. I only have a verizon internet usb card. I went with this one for the 3 meat probe feature primarily. Now...WHAT to use it on for my first cook...any suggestions? I used to do briskets years ago on a weber smoker...not attempted w/new egg yet. The only  "slow" cook was bb ribs. PLEASE CHIME IN AND THANKS!!!
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Why did you get wifi if you did not want to hook it up to a network?  Was it the only controller that allowed to temp 3 probes at the same time?  The whiz has all kinds of reviews for these controllers on his site, have you checked them out?  They have detailed descriptions and instructions on how to set them up on your network LAN, or wireless.  

I am looking at controllers, reading reviews, but not ready to buy yet, want to get a rock solid understanding of how to control everything myself.  I see one at one time though.  
  • Smity
    Smity Posts: 57
    I have one and it was very easy to hook up in wireless... Have not attempted on network yet. I've cooked both brisket and a pork butt over night without a worry! Both turned out great!
  • krobertsmsn
    krobertsmsn Posts: 655
    It's the only one I saw that would do 3 probes on 1 pit.2 would be very acceptable. I didn't like the whole "CB" looking stoker, as if that mattered...lol...  I just wanted to overbuy rather than regret it later when I might do a brisket, butt +/- something else at the same time. I might do the wifi in the future, if I can figure it out. I know I need to do the whole router thing. I did read whiz's breakdown, which was very helpful. I almost went w/dig iq II or dx or whatever they call it...lol
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I hear you on the over buy thing.  I hate to get something thinking ahead and then realizing that I did not think far enough ahead, ya know?  3 probes is a lot to have on one pit, but I guess 2 butts and 1 brisket will fit so that is not out of the question, I have a large.  I am thinking of one that can do multiple pits because I want another egg!  But, I am thinking of using the other egg for side and apps, so maybe just the one pit is going to be fine too!  
  • sjg34
    sjg34 Posts: 22
    Try a pork butt. I did one Tuesday night and with the wireless active I was able to go to work in the morning. Received updates throughout the day and go home when it was almost done.