Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza questions

Options
Smokesignals
Smokesignals Posts: 18
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok so I have a large stone and a plate setter and looking for the best way to cook a Papa Murphys pizza. I haven't been able to get the results I would like any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Smokin_Trout
    Smokin_Trout Posts: 506
    Options

I've never done Papa Murphys. They way I normally do pizza is plate setter feet up, grill then pizza stone. Temp about 500-600, let the stone heat up for 30+min. Takes about 8-12 minutes. Good Luck.

• MOvikingsfan
    Options

I do at least one PM pizza a week....plate setter feet up, grid then stone directly on the grid. I always just cook them right on the tray they come on at about 25-50 degrees hotter (dome temp)than the directions say. They cook just about exactly like the directions say for me.

• Fouker187
    Fouker187 Posts: 48
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I don't use the pizza stone with the pm pizzas.  Just throw it on the rack with the plate setter feet up and cook per directions.