Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Spatchcock!

Options
rabdogg
rabdogg Posts: 43
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just can't say it enough, I LOVE BGE! Breast were juicy and unbelievable; very easy to cook and great flavor. imageimage
Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    What rub did you use to get that color?
  • rabdogg
    Options
    I left it in the fridge overnight, uncovered to crisp up the skin.  Right before I put it on the BGE I covered it in EVOO and Fiesta Chicken Rub, nothing else.  I used a combo of Jack Daniels and Apple wood for smoke.
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Options
    Looks great!  Spatchcock is my go to now for introducing people to the egg.  So easy and amazingly juicy and tasty.  Glad they turned out for you rabdogg.  What else have you tried on the egg?
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • rabdogg
    Options
    Burgers, Ribs, Hot Dogs (spiral cut - see pics).  Just got the BGE two weeks ago and can't stop cooking, looking forward to cooking brisket this weekend.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Nice work- reminds me I need to make another one. Going on vacation with kids next week and going to miss my egg. Anyone ever done a spatchcock on a gasser? I know, I know but I can't take the egg with me.

Greensboro, NC
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Anyone ever done a spatchcock on a gasser?
    Last time I tried the chicken ran away...    :D