Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Deer Leg

Scott805Scott805 Posts: 182
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
My boss is bringing over a deer leg and wants me to roast it.  I figure a couple of hours at 350, then check temp.  Anyone know proper temp for medium?  Also curious as to type of wood to use for smoke.  As always, appreciate the advise.

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

Comments

• JohnMcJohnMc Posts: 76
    Sounds like something a boss would do. A friend would bring over the backstrap!
  • STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
    Take it from a person who shoots at least 3 deer a season and I butcher my own deer.  I would say slice that meat off the bone thin, egg wash, dredge in seasoned bread crumbs and fry in veg oil (it taste like veal cutlets), or I grind it and make meatballs or burgers cooked rare, I also make hot dogs and sausage with added pork for the fat.  Venison does not make good roast in my opinion.  Have fun!
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 182
    Thanks!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX