Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smooked Meatloaf

Options
13»

Comments

• onelikearock
    onelikearock Posts: 115
    Options
    Maybe this was answered already, but is this cooked direct or indirect?
    Indirect...........
    Chesapeake, VA
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    How tall or thick do you make the smooked loaf? I imagine the thicker the longer cook time?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

cook to 160 degree's internal temperature seems to be the most important thing...1 of ours went to 175 and was not as moist....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    For what its worth, the two loaves I've made I molded with my hands and room-temperature meat, didn't refrigerate them to firm them up at all; no problems.  One was cooked in an aluminum tray, the other on the CI grid (flat side up).  
    @Botch Did you find any benefit to using a CI grid? Just curious. 
    The CI grid, flat-side up, just has more "support" area to hold the loaf.  I haven't tried the wire rack; it may work just as well... 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options

my wife has just found some disposable alum pans with rows of holes in the bottom of them at the dollar store.  They would hold 2 meat loafs at a time.  Price was next to nothing and makes clean up easier...  Like I need another reason to make a meat loaf.....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC