Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Folks, New Egghead

Options
Dogboa
Dogboa Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought a large, nest and plate setter last Friday, put it together Saturday and did my first cook (baby backs) on Fathers day. Must say I was impressed with the way it maintained temp at 230 F for 3-1/2 hours and the fuel economy. Looking forward to doing things on the Egg that I've done on my stick burner. 

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Welcome aboard -- great to have another egg'r.   Pic's are always a good thing.

What part of the world do you hail from?

Cookin in Texas
  • Dogboa
    Dogboa Posts: 7
    Options

Welcome aboard -- great to have another egg'r.   Pic's are always a good thing.

What part of the world do you hail from?

Thanks for the welcome! I'm in SE Florida, close enough to the ocean and Everglades to enjoy both, recreationally.
  • TexAg87
    TexAg87 Posts: 22
    Options
    Got mine a week early for Father's Day - glad I did, as it looked like the dealer got cleaned out last weekend - and am loving learning as I read threads in this forum. So much experience to draw from here, and so many things to try on the egg.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I bought a large, nest and plate setter last Friday, put it together Saturday and did my first cook (baby backs) on Fathers day. Must say I was impressed with the way it maintained temp at 230 F for 3-1/2 hours and the fuel economy. Looking forward to doing things on the Egg that I've done on my stick burner. 
    Welcome Dogboa.  The folks on this forum have lots of info.  Looking forward to your future posts.