Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I need presentation advice please

EllerEller Posts: 56
edited June 2012 in Pork
I am entering a local throw down on BB ribs this weekend. I am trying to improve the color of my finished ribs. They come out a little bit lighter than the examples here on the forum. Thanks.

Comments

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,263
    Not sure what you're already doing, but fruit woods help build the color of your exterior.  I'm a big fan of cherry wood.
    Knoxville, TN
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Cherry wood is my vote for a mahogany color. Also make sure you sauce your ribs and give them 15 min,at least, on the egg to set the sauce.
  • ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    A rub with sugar in it is helpful too. Dizzy Dust is pretty good.
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,876
    Baste with 50/50 balsamic viniger and Alegro Hot and Spicy every 20 min for the last two or three hours. I have placed in a compitition with this method and it gets the color very dark.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    I love balsamic vinegar. Never thought of putting it on ribs. Thanks for the tip.
  • EllerEller Posts: 56
    Thanks Travisstrick. What type of smoke do you use on BBs and spares?