Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Pork Chops with Flaming Cherry Salsa

NibbleMeThis
NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have been loving the combination of fresh cherries and pork lately.  Here's one we have made the past two nights.

The chops were rubbed with a basic BBQ rub I made.  Grilled at 375f on my Large for 5-6 minutes a side until 140f internal.

While the chops rested, I sauteed some onion, jalapeno, and serrano a few minutes.  Then I added a bunch of pitted & chopped cherries (let them soak in 1 Tbsp of white wine vinegar first), cilantro, BBQ rub, and brown sugar. 

Another few minutes, I added some warm spiced rum (away from the flame) and then ignited it for a flambe.  (didn't get pictures but my wife did video that part)

I think that was the first time I've flambeed on the Egg but it won't be the last.  I use a cheap 10" saute pan that we got from a wholesale store, it fits perfect in my Large. 

I am LOVING these long daylight days, aren't you?
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This

Comments