Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Trade in price on a Medium BGE

adowling61adowling61 Posts: 6
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow I am going to my local dealer to purchase a XL BGE, they mentioned that I may get some trade in value for my medium BGE.  It is a year old, in good condition no cracks or anything like that.  The gasket is still in good shape, it has all the original parts and I am including a platesetter.  My question is what would be a reasonable trade in value for my medium?  Thanks in advance.
Al

Comments

• ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Like trading a car, I'm thinking you would get much more money for it, selling it on Craigslist.

Look here, for a pricing guide on buying/selling a used Egg.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Well did the deal today, got $600 for my used meduim, applyed it to the purchase of the XLBGE , for a final price delivered of just over $900 that is with a nest, platesetter, and a bag of lump.  I am very happy:)
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Congrats on the XL. You will love it. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
  • FlamethrowerFlamethrower Posts: 493
    :-c
    LET'S EAT
  • As luck would have it I think I am cooking for a group of old friends tomorrow so this is perfect.
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,148
    Well did the deal today, got $600 for my used meduim, applyed it to the purchase of the XLBGE , for a final price delivered of just over $900 that is with a nest, platesetter, and a bag of lump.  I am very happy:)
    Holy cow, that is about what a new medium costs here.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• NewvilleNewville Posts: 84
    Good deal - bet your gonna love the XL - at least until you gotta I'll 'er up ;-)
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
    That's a dealer that wants to do more business with you down the road.  I hope you'll reward them as they've earned it.
  • That's a dealer that wants to do more business with you down the road.  I hope you'll reward them as they've earned it.
    You can bet on it!
  • njlnjl Posts: 871
    I'm amazed they gave that much for a used medium.  I wonder though, as a dealer, can (or will) they resell that medium and still have it be covered under warranty?