Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Granulated or minced garlic

Options
cul-de-sac-er
cul-de-sac-er Posts: 218
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok t-Rex for fathers dat am I better off with granulatednor minced garlic - I'm using sea salt and fresh ground black pepper as well?

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Always go fresh minced

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Save it for after the sear....eiiter will burn.
  • cul-de-sac-er
    Options
    Got it and it makes sense.....thank you
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    as a seasoning, i think the granulated makes more sense.  the minced stuff in a jar can be horrible to begin with, and it won't cook, it'll burn.  the granulated will burn too, as was mentioned.  but you can sprinkle it on after searing.  i only sear with salt.  everything else burns.

i think fresh minced garlic would be very strong in any mount, and should be cooked somehow.  not sure how you'd use that, honestly, on a steak
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    in a nice compound butter slavered over the top after the cook.
  • GeauxEggin
    GeauxEggin Posts: 31
    Options
    in a nice compound butter slavered over the top after the cook.
    If you have to season your steak with anything other than fresh cracked pepper and sea/kosher salt, a dab seasoned butter right as it comes off the grill seems to be the way to go.  
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Pat steak dry. Course Kosher salt. Start the egg. When coals red hot wipe off salt pat dry. Then lightly season with favorite salt. Toss on fire. Sear to crust turn and complete to desired IT. If not big fan of salt dont do second application. I not a big fan of salty taste so i only do one side.
    Compound herbed butter while resting ...winner too
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx