Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Opinions on the DIGIQ DX2 temp control?

impag10
impag10 Posts: 66
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Is there any difference between the big green egg one and the regular brand one?  A local store has it for $299, is that a good price or know of any good deals online?

Comments

• Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    I saw the DigiQ dx2 for $279 at Brooks and Collier, Huntsville AL.
  • impag10
    Unfortunately I'm in Rhode Island.......do you know if you end up paying more for the "BGE" name compared to others I have seen
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Normally the digi direct from the gurus comes in at about 285-290
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    You will pay more for the BGE name. That's a given. There is a dealer on the Bay that has the DigiQ DX II for $279 shipped.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Jonathan1970
    Jonathan1970 Posts: 156
    Agree with Sgt93. You pay more for BGE. I'm looking to buy myself, but didn't pull the trigger because I kind of like the Stoker WiFi. Still researching because Stoker runs close to $400.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    The BGE model was $30 more than the factory model.  Exact same specs, plus the dealer said it would take two weeks to get one.

I ordered from manufacturer and they shipped the same day.

Have really enjoyed using it. 
  • Sgt93
    Agree with Sgt93. You pay more for BGE. I'm looking to buy myself, but didn't pull the trigger because I kind of like the Stoker WiFi. Still researching because Stoker runs close to $400.
    I'm looking at the Stoker and the CyberQ myself.  I keep waiting for more reviews. One day I am leaning towards the Stoker and the next the CyberQ. I like the ramp down feature of the Q as well as the non "CB radio" look of it LOL. I think the best buy is the DigiQ DX II though for $279. I would like to have the WiFi capabilities though.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Is there any difference between the big green egg one and the regular brand one?  A local store has it for $299, is that a good price or know of any good deals online?
    In the theme of Cen-Tex, the BGE version is faster because it's green.  I have the BGE version, but I'm waiting for the super fast flame version to come out to match my new Thermapen.  BTW -- the BGE version may cost more, on average, but I got mine for about the same as if ordering directly from BBQ Guru.  In stock, at my dealer.  Just happened to be at the right place/right time I guess.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • impag10
    Great after looking at the cyberQ now I want that!  3 meat temps is sweet.  Anyone know someone who actually has it?
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    I have it but I won't be able to get to starting to test it for a while.  I did connect to it via wireless, but haven't tried yet in "infrastructure" mode.  Lots of work to do.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    That guy Fred is a riot. :))